Bios Admin Password Clear Me

SteveS

Member (✔)
I have an old HP 4540S that is at least eight years old, which I am forced to flash the BIOS before the laptop will see the new quad core CPU upgrade. Unfortunately, I just found out the previous owner had installed an ADMIN BIOS password disallowing me to change the BIOS. HP will not send anyone the BIN file to clear out the password as they did some time ago.

So -- do you have the correct HP BIN file and the instructions as to use this program? The HP BIOS software you download from HP support will automatically update the BIOS and requires no instructions. It is an executable file that will flash and update your BIOS, but as mentioned earlier, this program just stops and will ask of the ADMIN password. Help!

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
I have an old HP 4540S that is at least eight years old, which I am forced to flash the BIOS before the laptop will see the new quad core CPU upgrade. Unfortunately, I just found out the previous owner had installed an ADMIN BIOS password disallowing me to change the BIOS. HP will not send anyone the BIN file to clear out the password as they did some time ago.

So -- do you have the correct HP BIN file and the instructions as to use this program? The HP BIOS software you download from HP support will automatically update the BIOS and requires no instructions. It is an executable file that will flash and update your BIOS, but as mentioned earlier, this program just stops and will ask of the ADMIN password. Help!
You should have a programmer with some other tools, I suggest to take your Lap to a repair shop.

Top Bottom