Dell Inspiron 1545(no power when hard disk or DVD drive is connected)

NawSN

Member (✔)
Hello,i new here. i currently repairing this laptop, it was missing gate voltage at mosfet u30, the track between d16 and mosfet was damage, i've added a jumper and a 10k resistor but didn't add the filter capacitor c314, the laptop was powering on ok. But when i connect the hard drive or dvd drive, the laptop doesn't power on and the resistor r213 heats up, can anyone please help

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Hello,i new here. i currently repairing this laptop, it was missing gate voltage at mosfet u30, the track between d16 and mosfet was damage, i've added a jumper and a 10k resistor but didn't add the filter capacitor c314, the laptop was powering on ok. But when i connect the hard drive or dvd drive, the laptop doesn't power on and the resistor r213 heats up, can anyone please help
We need motherboard part number!

NawSN

Member (✔)
part number is 48.4AQ01.021, but i didn't find the schematics, i found 48.4AQ01.011 which is almost the same that i'm using.

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
part number is 48.4AQ01.021, but i didn't find the schematics, i found 48.4AQ01.011 which is almost the same that i'm using.
it seem some caps are not good !

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
In which section?
put c314 in it's place and i suggest to change it's values from 4.7nF to 6.8nF .
C316 change from 4.7nF to 0.01uF.
and you will need to replace C242 with new one than check again .

NawSN

Member (✔)
problem solve, i've put back c314 and both dvd drive and hard drive works and r213 doesn't heat anymore, thanks.

Top Bottom