Dell Latitude5290 won't boot

kudo jun

Member (✔)
ViP Pro
My Dell Latitude 5290 won't boot. Please help someone.The motherboard model is LA-F391P.

The situation is as follows.
(This is what I checked with the memory plugged into the motherboard. peripherals such as monitors or keyboards are NOT connected.)

1. a current of about 0.4A flows just by connecting to the power cord. There is no problem with the basic voltage, and there is no short circuit.

2. If press the power button in this state, the power lamp will light up, the fan will start rotating, but it will stop in a few seconds, and the current value will drop to 0.02A.

3. SYS_POWEROK is output when the current value indicates 0.4A. I think that it is abnormal that it will be in this state just by connecting the power cord.

When the current value showed 0.4A, I used a thermal camera to check the heat location, the CPU showed 28 ° C and it was just slightly hotter than the peripheral devices, so there seems to be no particular problem. Since SYS_PWROK is output, current is flowing to the CPU, so I judged that there is no particular problem at around 28°C.

I've rewritten the BIOS code, but it didn't fix the problem.

Please anybody give me some advice .

Also, The model number of the EC chip is MEC5105. I am considering replacing the EC chip, but is it necessary to extract the code and rewrite it to the new chip when replacing it?

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
My Dell Latitude 5290 won't boot. Please help someone.The motherboard model is LA-F391P.

The situation is as follows.
(This is what I checked with the memory plugged into the motherboard. peripherals such as monitors or keyboards are NOT connected.)

1. a current of about 0.4A flows just by connecting to the power cord. There is no problem with the basic voltage, and there is no short circuit.

2. If press the power button in this state, the power lamp will light up, the fan will start rotating, but it will stop in a few seconds, and the current value will drop to 0.02A.

3. SYS_POWEROK is output when the current value indicates 0.4A. I think that it is abnormal that it will be in this state just by connecting the power cord.

When the current value showed 0.4A, I used a thermal camera to check the heat location, the CPU showed 28 ° C and it was just slightly hotter than the peripheral devices, so there seems to be no particular problem. Since SYS_PWROK is output, current is flowing to the CPU, so I judged that there is no particular problem at around 28°C.

I've rewritten the BIOS code, but it didn't fix the problem.

Please anybody give me some advice .

Also, The model number of the EC chip is MEC5105. I am considering replacing the EC chip, but is it necessary to extract the code and rewrite it to the new chip when replacing it?
Upload your Old bios .

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support

Attachments

kudo jun

Member (✔)
ViP Pro
Thank you. It was to study. Recently, I started repairing PCs, so there are many things I don't know, so it's helpful. I will try with the file you gave me.

arigato

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Thank you. It was to study. Recently, I started repairing PCs, so there are many things I don't know, so it's helpful. I will try with the file you gave me.

arigato
Have you Tried the bios above or not .

Top Bottom