How to document reverse engineering?

bobdring

Member (✔)
Soon I will have to repair a 2000W grid tie inverter with limiting (GTIL) i will have to reverse engineer parts of the PCB and make a partial schematic for it. I am lucky in that I have a second working inverter to compare against. I have done similar reverse engineering projects several times before but it always ends up with just a bunch notes and sketches and I lack a way to collate, organise and distribute portions of the circuit to help others. I have now discovered BoardView and I wonder if I can make files for it? Has anyone any ideas about this?

bobdring

Member (✔)
For me i had never make that work before Good luck for you .
Thanks for the reply. It just seems such a shame to have thousands of talented people all learning about how a different part of a circuit works but not having a way to share it. The commercial version of boardview (flexBV - Paul Daniels) has a way of documenting voltage and resistance readings on a pin by pin basis. I might contact him about a way to create a boardview file

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Maybe Paul Daniel with his own BoardView reader can help to offer such advice on how to create a BoardView file but you should know that those Schematics and BoardViews files is been released by the manufacturer it self .

bobdring

Member (✔)
Maybe Paul Daniel with his own BoardView reader can help to offer such advice on how to create a BoardView file but you should know that those Schematics and BoardViews files is been released by the manufacturer it self .
I have sent an email to Paul about this.
I have designed PCBs myself and I had the feeling that the boardview files were made by someone with access to the CAD files. Thanks for your help

Bob.By

Member (✔)
Just see your post because I was searching same topic. Could you get some informations to how create a boardview-file by myself?

Top Bottom