How to find shotr on motherboard

enersoncompl

Member (✔)
ViP Pro

Hi, i have a la-h101p motherboard, which wont turn on. I connected it to diagnostics psu and i got short 2A when i put 2V. How can i find the short?

Admin

Repair Tv & Laptop
Support

Hi, i have a la-h101p motherboard, which wont turn on. I connected it to diagnostics psu and i got short 2A when i put 2V. How can i find the short?
You have to found by your self on which line this short of circuit exist, than you will need to inject some voltage there and check which components it goes with high temperature.

enersoncompl

Member (✔)
ViP Pro

i found one, its PQ311, its mosfet from the other site by the charging port. I treid to replace, but in new chip when i put 17V+ its shorting again

enersoncompl

Member (✔)
ViP Pro

when i take off pq311 from motherboard psu is working good, no short on motherboard, but wont turn on. do you have any idea?

Admin

Repair Tv & Laptop
Support

I’m not sure but when a short circuit exist on some line of the motherboard it make more difficult to found exactly the right faulty components because these line it contains a lot of components you have to inject some voltage and check which one it goes higher with you hand if you don’t have th infrared camera .

enersoncompl

Member (✔)
ViP Pro

only PQ311 is getting hot when i connect it to psu. when i replace new, there is no short until i move voltage to 17V, then its getting short. when i take off PQ311 and place on motherboard is free, laptop has no short, but wont turn on

Admin

Repair Tv & Laptop
Support

only PQ311 is getting hot when i connect it to psu. when i replace new, there is no short until i move voltage to 17V, then its getting short. when i take off PQ311 and place on motherboard is free, laptop has no short, but wont turn on
Mybe you have some bade capacitors near of pq311 or you have been replaced pq311 with a non equivalent.
It not easy for me to know because schematic is not a available.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Admin Schematic Phone & Tablet 0
Admin Computer Repair 0
Top Bottom