MSI GS60 bios flash

sanmiguel123

Member (✔)
Hi guys,

New here, hope you can help..

My MSI GS60 BIOS seems to be corrupt. Powers up but no image on the screen unless started up over the battery power rather than being plugged in. That's when it goes to the MSI logo screen and does nothing else.

I've tried all of the resets and other torubleshooting guides but nothing.

Came across this article* which outlined the process of programming the chip directly from the motherboard using a EEPROM USB programming kit. I've ordered the kit and think I located the BIOS chip called: "686 AMIBIOS 1999 CR38 6265"

My question is, has anyone programmed this chip before and could point me in the right direction of how I would go about this?

Is it just a matter of reading the chip using asprogrammer and then loading a bios from the official website?

Any help is much appreciated:) nice little project for me - finally something new from the day to day IT support.

Cheers!

*link to another site isn't authorized.

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Hi guys,

New here, hope you can help..

My MSI GS60 BIOS seems to be corrupt. Powers up but no image on the screen unless started up over the battery power rather than being plugged in. That's when it goes to the MSI logo screen and does nothing else.

I've tried all of the resets and other torubleshooting guides but nothing.

Came across this article* which outlined the process of programming the chip directly from the motherboard using a EEPROM USB programming kit. I've ordered the kit and think I located the BIOS chip called: "686 AMIBIOS 1999 CR38 6265"

My question is, has anyone programmed this chip before and could point me in the right direction of how I would go about this?

Is it just a matter of reading the chip using asprogrammer and then loading a bios from the official website?

Any help is much appreciated:) nice little project for me - finally something new from the day to day IT support.

Cheers!

*link to another site isn't authorized.
It seem your problem has nothing to do with the Bios, try to remove your SSD .

sanmiguel123

Member (✔)
It seem your problem has nothing to do with the Bios, try to remove your SSD .
I've tried everything my friend. After some research online, it's the bios that's corrupt. Some people have managed to get it up and running but I'm not sure where I can get the bios as it seems to be just a tad bit bigger than the chips size. Some people have edited their bios by removing the head and footer via hexedit but not too sure how to do that. Was hoping someone here would've done it before.

Cheers

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
I've tried everything my friend. After some research online, it's the bios that's corrupt. Some people have managed to get it up and running but I'm not sure where I can get the bios as it seems to be just a tad bit bigger than the chips size. Some people have edited their bios by removing the head and footer via hexedit but not too sure how to do that. Was hoping someone here would've done it before.

Cheers
motherboard part number!!!

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Thank you! Have downloaded the files successfully.

Another question, there are 2 chips:

1: cfeon 064-104hip
2: mxic 25l9m2e

Now is one of them BIOS and the other EC? If so, which one is which please?

Many thanks
There is a bios for BROADWELL intel and other for HASWELL intel the other one is just a an EC file .

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Thank you! Have downloaded the files successfully.

Another question, there are 2 chips:

1: cfeon 064-104hip
2: mxic 25l9m2e

Now is one of them BIOS and the other EC? If so, which one is which please?

Many thanks
if you don't know just upload your original one i will check for you the right bios .

sanmiguel123

Member (✔)
if you don't know just upload your original one i will check for you the right bios .
Okay, I will get that uploaded when I'm back at the desk.

However, I was wondering, which chip is which?

1: cfeon 064-104hip - BIOS?
2: mxic 25l9m2e - EC?

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Okay, I will get that uploaded when I'm back at the desk.

However, I was wondering, which chip is which?

1: cfeon 064-104hip - BIOS?
2: mxic 25l9m2e - EC?
Send a full picture of your motherboard i will check the right place of ypur bios .

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support

sanmiguel123

Member (✔)
Like you have set before
cfeon 064-104hip - BIOS
2: mxic 25l9m2e - EC
Hi,

I managed to program both chips and now the laptop is showing some signs of life however, instead of turning on, the power button lights up with orange and blue LEDs (both shining together) before turning off.

Read up some articles online and it mentioned that the batter should be fully charged. I left it charging for around 2 hours and the blue/orange LED light was the result.

Any idea? :)

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Hi,

I managed to program both chips and now the laptop is showing some signs of life however, instead of turning on, the power button lights up with orange and blue LEDs (both shining together) before turning off.

Read up some articles online and it mentioned that the batter should be fully charged. I left it charging for around 2 hours and the blue/orange LED light was the result.

Any idea? :)
try to reflow nVidia graphic chip .

Top Bottom