Rog Z390-E SIO short question

harmsway1283

Member (✔)
I’m troubleshooting this board that shows no signs of power when the PSU is powered on (no fan spin, no beeps, no LED lights). The mosfets near the 24-pin seem fine, and then I checked the SIO (Nuvoton NCT6798D) and found a short to ground in pin#106 which is a 1v ASVB line. My question is, does this mean the SIO is bad or could a cap or other component along that 1v trace cause the ground? In the research I’ve done, these SIO’s seem to experience catastrophic failure when they go bad, not a single pin.

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
I’m troubleshooting this board that shows no signs of power when the PSU is powered on (no fan spin, no beeps, no LED lights). The mosfets near the 24-pin seem fine, and then I checked the SIO (Nuvoton NCT6798D) and found a short to ground in pin#106 which is a 1v ASVB line. My question is, does this mean the SIO is bad or could a cap or other component along that 1v trace cause the ground? In the research I’ve done, these SIO’s seem to experience catastrophic failure when they go bad, not a single pin.
Change the IO and check .

Top Bottom