Why is it so hard..lol Dell 15z Bios

BillSwan

Member (✔)
Hi All, have a Dell Inspiron 15z 5523, bios update went wrong.

I bought a EZP2019 USB Programmer, watched a few videos and as Im still learning soldering thought I would give the clamp a try.

All good, connected to Bios, clicked test but 1st image gives me ' Please manually select the corresponding type burn ' Why cant my first Bios attempt go smoothly.. :-(
I assume manufacturer and name of chip is correct?
I downloaded the bin file from this site
All good, stuff on screen looks like it loaded fine
However, just as a try ( had that burn statement in image 1 ) Image 3 says File length is larger than chip capacity.
Is this because I do not have the right chip name? Image 4 gives me manual choice of 24_eeprom chips
Bios chip says
MXIC MX
25L6406E
M21-12G
3L376000
L124083
none of this show in the EZP2019 menu

Appreciate any advice .

Thanks

Bill

Attachments

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Hi All, have a Dell Inspiron 15z 5523, bios update went wrong.

I bought a EZP2019 USB Programmer, watched a few videos and as Im still learning soldering thought I would give the clamp a try.

All good, connected to Bios, clicked test but 1st image gives me ' Please manually select the corresponding type burn ' Why cant my first Bios attempt go smoothly.. :-(
I assume manufacturer and name of chip is correct?
I downloaded the bin file from this site
All good, stuff on screen looks like it loaded fine
However, just as a try ( had that burn statement in image 1 ) Image 3 says File length is larger than chip capacity.
Is this because I do not have the right chip name? Image 4 gives me manual choice of 24_eeprom chips
Bios chip says
MXIC MX
25L6406E
M21-12G
3L376000
L124083
none of this show in the EZP2019 menu

Appreciate any advice .

Thanks

Bill
Old bios erreur what !

BillSwan

Member (✔)
Hi Admin

Laptop was was having an issue that when asked to shut down in windows, it seemed to shutdown but fan and power light stayed on, had hold down power button to turn off. Client went to Dell support website said Firmware update, downloaded and installed. Client thought nothing was happening and turned laptop off. Restart laptop and nothing, black screen, no beeps, fan spins for about 5 seconds. No display on laptop or HDMI output. No Dell logo.

My image 1 shows all zeros which is what I get if I read the bios too.

BillSwan

Member (✔)
Bios attached, Its only 1kb... :-(

Really appreciate the assistance.

Thank you for the suggestion of a tl866 , googling now.. :)

Attachments

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Bios attached, Its only 1kb... :-(

Really appreciate the assistance.

Thank you for the suggestion of a tl866 , googling now.. :)
Bios need to have 8mb

Top Bottom