Asus Z490-H Gaming dead

Xorat

Member (✔)
Hey therre, i have a Z490-H that i am trying to repair. It has no reaction on the power button. The Button has 3.3V on it. Couldnt find any shorts on any of the inductors. Couldnt find anything obvious to the eye. Nothing getting hot under Thermal camera, when standby power supply. LED are on. Bios was already flashed.
Any voltages i might need to check? Or signals or Whatever?

SAV

Member (✔)
Hey therre, i have a Z490-H that i am trying to repair. It has no reaction on the power button. The Button has 3.3V on it. Couldnt find any shorts on any of the inductors. Couldnt find anything obvious to the eye. Nothing getting hot under Thermal camera, when standby power supply. LED are on. Bios was already flashed.
Any voltages i might need to check? Or signals or Whatever?
No schematics available to check .but you can try to looK for 3.3V on the bios and the 5V if they are available .

Xorat

Member (✔)
SLP_S3# is low on my SIO.
SLP_S5# is low on my SIO.
PCHVSB/SLP_S0# is high 3.3V
SLP_S4 is 5V which seems weird.
I might be mistaken here, first time i am learning about S-states and trying to meassure them!
Just realised i was using pinout from Nuvoton NCT6796D, but i have a NCT6798D and i cant find a datasheet for that chip.

Last edited:

SAV

Member (✔)
SLP_S3# is low on my SIO.
SLP_S5# is low on my SIO.
PCHVSB/SLP_S0# is high 3.3V
SLP_S4 is 5V which seems weird.
I might be mistaken here, first time i am learning about S-states and trying to meassure them!
Just realised i was using pinout from Nuvoton NCT6796D, but i have a NCT6798D and i cant find a datasheet for that chip.
check SUSCLK ON ec if it been recived or not .

Xorat

Member (✔)
My problem is that i only have a pinout for the NCT6796D, but i have a NCT6798D on my board and the piunout is different.
The NCT6796D has only these following pins:
SUSACK#
SUSWARN
SLP_SUS#
SLP_SUS_FET

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
My problem is that i only have a pinout for the NCT6796D, but i have a NCT6798D on my board and the piunout is different.
SUSACK#
SUSWARN
SLP_SUS#
SLP_SUS_FET
SUSCLK or CLK_EC

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
SUSACK#
SUSWARN
SLP_SUS#
SLP_SUS_FET
No external link on this forum you can upload your picture directly to this post .

SAV

Member (✔)
Just the ec right?
you shoud found if the SUSC and SUSb is been available on the NCT6796D if so than all the other signal will come . and the slp stat does't goes up to 3.3V

Top Bottom