Dell Precision 3510 repair Intel ME

raziq

Member (✔)
Hi All

I am new to Intel ME flashing and have little information on how so any response as a dummy guide would be extremely grateful.

I have a DELL Precision 3510 laptop which has recently gone faulty ever since I updated the bios using Dell update tool.

I have tried to downgrade the bios to a recommended version which it does partially. I get the “(A7 ME FW DOWNGRADE - Request MeSpilock Failed) error.
Since I’ve had the Intel ME failure error, my laptop has become very unstable,

I have re-flashed the bios several times to lower and higher versions since the (A7) Me FW downgrade error but still no joy,

Thermal paste changed, cleaned internally, battery removed and reset everything to default, bios will no longer flash from windows, only from USB boot

Checked all forums / posts everyone has directed me to the Intel ME management engine as this is error that re-occurs whenever you flash the bios, the ME Fails to upgrade but everything else updates

The system initially became unstable after the bios update, when I flashed it to the lower version recommended by DELL. then all these problems and issues started.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Hi All

I am new to Intel ME flashing and have little information on how so any response as a dummy guide would be extremely grateful.

I have a DELL Precision 3510 laptop which has recently gone faulty ever since I updated the bios using Dell update tool.

I have tried to downgrade the bios to a recommended version which it does partially. I get the “(A7 ME FW DOWNGRADE - Request MeSpilock Failed) error.
Since I’ve had the Intel ME failure error, my laptop has become very unstable,

I have re-flashed the bios several times to lower and higher versions since the (A7) Me FW downgrade error but still no joy,

Thermal paste changed, cleaned internally, battery removed and reset everything to default, bios will no longer flash from windows, only from USB boot

Checked all forums / posts everyone has directed me to the Intel ME management engine as this is error that re-occurs whenever you flash the bios, the ME Fails to upgrade but everything else updates

The system initially became unstable after the bios update, when I flashed it to the lower version recommended by DELL. then all these problems and issues started.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Not every problems come frome Bios.

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Thank you for your reply but the problems only started when the bios was upgraded / downgraded is there anything else that it could be ?
Not sure but you need to try a new bios and check if there any hardware problem with your motherboard.

raziq

Member (✔)
I have tried 13 different bios versions and every bios upgrade / downgrade gives me the same error, the laptop is unstable it will auto shutdown ( proper windows shutdown ) 3 / 4 times then stabilise and continuously work thereafter.

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
I have tried 13 different bios versions and every bios upgrade / downgrade gives me the same error, the laptop is unstable it will auto shutdown ( proper windows shutdown ) 3 / 4 times then stabilise and continuously work thereafter.
Shutdown 3 or 4 time is normal when you upgrade or downgrade your Bios on the first time after it should work normally.

raziq

Member (✔)
Shutdown 3 or 4 time is normal when you upgrade or downgrade your Bios on the first time after it should work normally.
It’s unstable when you try to boot up in to windows it will go straight to shit down, it does this 3/4 times thereafter it stabilises

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support

raziq

Member (✔)
I’ve tried that fix with different bios updates from the earliest to the latest and still no difference.

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support

raziq

Member (✔)
I tried that via the DELL app and also directly from Intels website, Still the same hence why I thought someone on this site could re-build a flash with the ME region wiped and I could try flashing the bios with that.

If someone can help wipe / clean the Management Engine Region hopefully that should resolve it.

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
I tried that via the DELL app and also directly from Intels website, Still the same hence why I thought someone on this site could re-build a flash with the ME region wiped and I could try flashing the bios with that.

If someone can help wipe / clean the Management Engine Region hopefully that should resolve it.
Upload your original bios but you will need a programmer tool to extract it and you will have to buy a vip account.

Top Bottom