GA-B250-Fintech issue

kitopa

Member (✔)
Hello!

I got an issue with this 12 PCIe slots motherboard. I've connected 12 Gpus (4*AMD RX 580 and 8*NVIDIA 1660 SUPER), all worked fine without any issue for like 1 year.

Last week, i've see that the system will not respond. So i've rebooted it, nothing. I did try to boot with only one GPU, it's OK, then i've added Gpu one by one until it won't boot, now i can use the system with 5 Gpus MAX, if i plug the 6th it will boot, but the system will hang (linux on USB key) so i got to force shutdown, remove the 6th gpu, then boot.

I've changed RAM, CPU, and PSU, same result.

So i think that it's like a mosfet, or maybe a capacitor that is dead so the power is limited so i cannot use more GPUs.

So the questions is : what deliver power to the whole MB and PCie slot? Do anyone got the same issue and manage to fix it?

Thanks!

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Hello!

I got an issue with this 12 PCIe slots motherboard. I've connected 12 Gpus (4*AMD RX 580 and 8*NVIDIA 1660 SUPER), all worked fine without any issue for like 1 year.

Last week, i've see that the system will not respond. So i've rebooted it, nothing. I did try to boot with only one GPU, it's OK, then i've added Gpu one by one until it won't boot, now i can use the system with 5 Gpus MAX, if i plug the 6th it will boot, but the system will hang (linux on USB key) so i got to force shutdown, remove the 6th gpu, then boot.

I've changed RAM, CPU, and PSU, same result.

So i think that it's like a mosfet, or maybe a capacitor that is dead so the power is limited so i cannot use more GPUs.

So the questions is : what deliver power to the whole MB and PCie slot? Do anyone got the same issue and manage to fix it?

Thanks!
You Need just to check which GPU CARD does the problem and remove it or replace it .

kitopa

Member (✔)
You Need just to check which GPU CARD does the problem and remove it or replace it .
Here is what i did

• Tested every single gpu on another motherboard (b450m pro4), all are working perfectly.
  • Plugged one by one on the B250 Fintech motherboard, until 5 GPU it works perfectly, when i plug another one, it will start but linux will hang when start mining.
  • Tried to swap on 6th place, gpu by another brand (RX580 by 1660 Super for exemple), no matter what is in the 6th position, issue remains.
  • Tried to use other pcie slot, issue remains.

That's why i think that i got a dead cap or mosfet, as it was working perfectly for one year without any issue.

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Here is what i did

• Tested every single gpu on another motherboard (b450m pro4), all are working perfectly.
  • Plugged one by one on the B250 Fintech motherboard, until 5 GPU it works perfectly, when i plug another one, it will start but linux will hang when start mining.
  • Tried to swap on 6th place, gpu by another brand (RX580 by 1660 Super for exemple), no matter what is in the 6th position, issue remains.
  • Tried to use other pcie slot, issue remains.

That's why i think that i got a dead cap or mosfet, as it was working perfectly for one year without any issue.
Have changed the power supply with the same one that you have .

Top Bottom