MSI GS60 - MS-16H51 VER 1.2 bios flash

sanmiguel123

Member (✔)
Hi guys,

Trying to recover my MSI GS60 bios but not having much luck. I've tried to flash the BIOS chip using the bin found in https://www.repairlap.com/threads/msi-gs60-2qc-ghost-ms-16h5-ms-16h51-bios.9713/ - but I keep failing the verification after buffer stage. Also, what is the 10C file for? :)

I've probably messed it up but is there a separate file to flash the EC chip?

Some error messages attached and both bin files from the EC and BIOS chip.

When it first broke, it powered up but no image on the screen unless started up over the battery power rather than being plugged in. That's when it goes to the MSI logo screen and does nothing else. NOW the power button just blinks blue every 5 seconds or so

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Attachments

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
Hi guys,

Trying to recover my MSI GS60 bios but not having much luck. I've tried to flash the BIOS chip using the bin found in https://www.repairlap.com/threads/msi-gs60-2qc-ghost-ms-16h5-ms-16h51-bios.9713/ - but I keep failing the verification after buffer stage. Also, what is the 10C file for? :)

I've probably messed it up but is there a separate file to flash the EC chip?

Some error messages attached and both bin files from the EC and BIOS chip.

When it first broke, it powered up but no image on the screen unless started up over the battery power rather than being plugged in. That's when it goes to the MSI logo screen and does nothing else. NOW the power button just blinks blue every 5 seconds or so

Any pointers would be most welcome.
MS-16H51 VER 1.2
Bios file for U5 U9 U13

Attachments

sanmiguel123

Member (✔)
Thank you!

The 8MB file says it's larger than the memory of the chip - is that okay? Still fails to verify buffer

Also, could you please let me know which chip is which? I understand that vbios is for the GPU and have a vague understanding of what kbc is - but don't want to flash the wrong chip. Please see attached for some of the chips I have available

Many thanks

Attachments

Top Bottom